The release of Android 14 Beta 3 brings a major update focusing on privacy, security, performance, developer productivity, and user customization. This blog post highlights the key features of Android 14 Beta 3 and provides guidance for developers and privacy enthusiasts. Let’s dive in!
Platform Stability and Developer APIs
In Android 14 Beta 3, Platform Stability is achieved, allowing developers to confidently develop and release compatibility updates. To ensure a smooth app experience, final compatibility testing is essential. Follow these steps to test your app on Android 14 Beta 3:
- Install the app on Android 14 Beta 3.
- Review flows to identify any compatibility issues.
- Pay attention to changes such as non-linear font scaling and partial media access affecting apps.
Android 14 prioritizes privacy and puts users in control. The runtime permission dialog now displays an app’s data-sharing practices, allowing users to update their location data-sharing policies. Here’s how app developers can enhance privacy:
- Resolve library and SDK issues by updating to the latest versions and seeking developer support.
- Update targetSdkVersion, giving attention to foreground service types and OpenJDK 17 updates.
- Test your app on partner devices or use 64-bit Android Emulator system images for Pixel devices.
- Enroll in the Android 14 Beta program for over-the-air updates and easier access.
The Exciting Features of Android 14 Beta 3
Android 14 Beta 3 introduces several exciting features, enhancing the overall user experience. Here are the highlights:
- Non-linear font scaling: Customize the font size with more precision.
- Partial media access: Improve privacy by granting apps limited access to photos and videos.
- Animation support in gesture navigation: Enjoy smoother and more fluid navigation gestures.
- Alignment with OpenJDK 17 LTS: Benefit from the latest improvements in the Java ecosystem.
While Android 14 Beta 3 introduces these exciting features, it’s essential to acknowledge that bugs and inconveniences may still arise. Beta users can maximize their experience by utilizing the limited-duration features bundled with the update. Your feedback will contribute to the continuous development and improvement of Android 14.
In conclusion, Android 14 Beta 3 is a significant release that prioritizes privacy, security, performance, developer productivity, and user customization. Explore the new features and start testing your apps to ensure compatibility with the upcoming Android 14 release. Together, we can make Android better than ever!
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Coming in July
- Android 14 Beta Now Available for Non-Pixel Devices